Online marketers are often stretched thin with little extra time. According to Social Media Examiner, about 60% of marketers are on social media for more than six hours a week. Yet, no matter how busy they are, online marketers must stay up to date on the latest marketing trends in order to remain competitive.
One of the simplest ways to stay on top of the trends and learn the craft of marketing online is to listen to podcasts. Podcasts can play in the background while you work or. you can download podcasts and listen to them while exercising or driving.
Below are 5 podcasts every online marketer should subscribe to.
Online Marketing Made Easy with Amy Porterfield
Amy Porterfield, co-author of Facebook Marketing All-in-One for Dummies, is an online marketing guru. She focuses on teaching her listeners how to monetize their marketing efforts and gain new leads. She discusses topics such as:
- Launching new programs
- Using social media effectively
- Utilizing YouTube to gain customers
- “How to Automate Leads and Sales with Smart Paid Ads”
Amy’s podcasts can be downloaded via iTunes or found in the archives section of her website.
Entrepreneur on Fire
This daily podcast will give you enough inspiration to keep you going, even on your darkest day. Each day, John Lee Dumas chats with other entrepreneurs and industry experts to inspire, teach and train you to be a better entrepreneur.
The podcast received the 2013 Best of iTunes award. Some of his recent interviews include:
- Alex Rodriguez, author and strategist
- Keith Weinhold, worldwide real estate investor
- Nicole Lapin, financial advisor
- Chandler Bolt, an entrepreneur
Access Dumas’ podcasts via Entrepreneur on Fire website or iTunes.
Glen vs Google
Glen Vs Google is a podcast that focuses on what things you should change to increase your Google ranking, rather than changing every little thing about your site just to please Google.
However, Glen doesn’t only focus on information about Google SEO or his way around Google’s finicky changes. Podcasts include topics such as:
- How to stay motivated
- Characteristics of those who succeed at online business
- How to get top Google ranking
You can listen to Glen Vs Google via iTunes or Glen’s website.
My Wife Quit Her Job
My Wife Quit Her Job is a weekly podcast by Steve Chou. His family’s story starts with an online wedding linen store and branches out from there.
The podcast discusses most types of online marketing and business. Chou interviews other entrepreneurs. A few examples of his interview podcasts include:
- Brad Degraw, a business owner who sells on Amazon, detailing how to maximize Amazon sales
- Will Mitchell, an importer, sharing how to import items from China and sell them
- Steven Essa, who gives online webinars, explaining how he makes six figures doing so
You can subscribe to the podcast via iTunes, Stitcher Radio or RSS feed.
Conversion Cast with Tim Paige
Conversion Cast focuses on taking leads and turning them into conversions. The podcasts spotlight the metrics behind your online marketing efforts.
More than 150,000 people subscribe to Paige’s newsletter. The podcasts tackles topics such as:
- An interview with Maggie Patterson, founder of NiceOps, in which she explains how she was able to generate 3300 leads and 84 sales in a short 5-day span.
- Guest Josh Turner, founder of LinkedSelling, sharing how his site saw a 400% increase in sales by offering webinars.
- Lars Lofgren from KISSmetrics sharing how the company got three times more customers to try out their data tracking services.
Conversion Cast can be accessed via Tim Paige’s website archive or iTunes.
The US Census Bureau estimates that the average commute time in the United States is over 25 minutes. Why not use that time efficiently to listen to a podcast and increase your business marketing knowledge? Even if you don’t regularly commute to an office out of your home, chances are that you make at least one or two trips a week to an office supply store or the grocery and these provide great opportunities to increase the effectiveness of your marketing.