Forum Replies Created
Hi again (Kyle, right?)
Just had another quick question if that’s OK. Feel free to create a new thread with my questions if you feel the need. :)
OK, so one thing I love about the plugin is the domain referrer aspect. I plan to do some Facebook marketing very soon. I’ve advertised with FB before but it’s been over a year and I believe you still need to have an FB Page to associate with your ads.
So, I created a page and all I need to do now is set up my ads. I will be sending folks to my website, not my page though!
I’d like to give people who click my FB ads a “special FB discount”, so my questions are:
1) Since the idea is to send traffic from my FB ads to my domain, will popup fire still recognize the clicks as coming from FB therefore showing the custom FB popup?
So, if my popup said “Thanks for visiting us from Facebook. Here’s your special Facebook discount code for today only – Use Code: FB10”, or whatever, will the domain referrer aspect work if people click my FB ads as opposed to a link on my FB page? Does that make sense?
2) Silly question but should I just post a link in my Facebook page and click it to test the domain referral works? Should I clear cookies because I’ve been on both my website and FB or do cookies not matter?
3) I think you mentioned on Code Canyon to another customer but am I right in assuming you can’t have more than one popup on the same page? For example, could I have a separate popup message on my website’s homepage for:
a) Referral, google, SERP, natural traffic
b) FB traffic
c) Twitter traffic
Is that possible?
OK, I bought Content Fire and I’m already struggling. I didn’t realise you didn’t have an option to have your own CTA but could only select between an optin form or a button type template.
I’ll post in the Content Fire section though
I forgot to ask a quick question about the URL referrer aspect and sorry if these questions should be in the Content Fire forum/secction but….
1) So, if/when I start advertising in Facebook, does that mean I can set up a special message to my visitors if they come from FB such as “Glad you found us on Facebook, you qualify for FREE shipping!”, or something like that, and my visitors from my FB ad (and or a link in a post) would see this message?
2) Could I have say a content message/banner with a custom message for visitors from FB but also have a “regular” banner, say in the sidebar, so that everyone can see the one in the sidebar but only people from FB (as the URL referrer) can see the content message if that’s the URL they came from?
Does #2 make sense?
Just curious and I’ll have plenty of time to play around with Content Fire. My questions above aren’t critical but thought if that could work then I could do a “special offer” for those coming from Facebook, etc.
Thanks for the reply and thoughtful answers!
Yes, I think Content Fire is the one I need.
OK cool, will pick that one up now. Thanks and yes, I’ll keep an eye out for your optin form product. Any ETA on that?