March 6, 2015 at 1:17 pm #5273
Hello, i don’t know for what, but mailchimp does not work with the plug-in, I have the API code, Pop UP Fire gives access to my lists on mailchimp, but when an email is added that writing ” MAILCHIMP ACCOUNT IS NOT SETUP PROPERLY.” do you have had the problem? thank youMarch 6, 2015 at 2:16 pm #5274
First we would like to say welcome to the community :)
It seems that when setting up your Popup your MailChimp account is connecting fine, but when displaying it you get this error “MAILCHIMP ACCOUNT IS NOT SETUP PROPERLY”.
That error message only displays when your MailChimp API key is not set. I know this sounds confusing but maybe your MailChimp API key is not saving properly. Can you please try to edit that same Popup and let us know if your MailChimp API key is still there.
To speed up this process please send us a link to your site and a link directly to your Popup. This will allow us to see this error directly and maybe we can determine the problem from there :)July 14, 2015 at 12:17 pm #8516
I am running into this same issue. I have tried using multiple MailChimp APIs to see if that resolved the issue. However I still get the same ‘MailChimp account is not setup properly’ error.
Are there any other common mistakes made when integrating with MailChimp?
The website is cohenhp.com
PCJuly 14, 2015 at 1:12 pm #8519
I went to your site and I see your problem. After having a more detailed look I can see that the popup ID attribute is not included in the popup.
Here is what it should look like:
Here is what yours looks like:
I am not 100% sure why this is happening, but this means that no stats will be recored or newsletter signups, as you already know.
July 14, 2015 at 1:23 pm #8521
- Do you have any caching plugin one your site? If so please try to clear the cache.
- Do you have a plugin on your site that removes hidden paragraph tags?
Thanks for the quick response, Kyle!
Yes, there was a caching plugin being used on the site. After disabling I now see in the source that the id and data-popup-id are now correctly populating.
I’m still receiving an error that the account is not setup properly, however. Certainly one step closer… Did you notice anything else out of the ordinary?July 14, 2015 at 1:33 pm #8522
The source code still does not show the properly
<p/>tag containing the popup id.
After exhausting all other forms of debugging it might be best to check for plugin or theme conflicts. Plugin or theme conflicts can cause our product to function unexpectedly or not at all, which is why testing for this conflict is very important.
We recommend that you perform this test on your staging site and that you backup your site. If you do not have a staging site then you might not be able to perform this test as deactivating plugins or your theme will greatly impact the look and functionality of your site.
- Deactivate all other plugins on your site besides our plugin
- Test to see if the plugins features work as you would expect. If they do work then you have a plugin conflict. You should now activate each plugin on your site one by one until our plugin’s features do not work. This will help you determine what plugin exactly is causing the conflict.
- If our product still is not functioning properly, then you can try to deactivate your theme to see if there is a theme conflict. This is a last resort and should only be done if you have a staging site or your site has not gone live yet. If our product works after deactivating your theme then you have a theme conflicts, but if our product still does not work then it appears that our product has a bug.
- If you have completed all of these tests and our product does not function properly with a default WordPress theme like twenty twelve and all plugins deactivated, then it seems that our product has a bug and we will continue to work with you to solve this issue.
Please let us know if you have any questions about this conflict testing procedure.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.