About Header Footer Code Manager
Header Footer Code Manager is an easy interface to add snippets to the header or footer or above or below the content of your page. Easily add tracking code snippets, conversion pixels, or other scripts required by third party services for analytics, marketing, or chat features.
- Upload `99robots-header-footer-code-manager` to the `/wp-content/plugins/` directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to plugins page to see instructions for shortcode and php template tags
How to Add a Code Snippet
- After installing and activating the plugin, navigate to HFCM on the left navbar in the WordPress Dashboard area.
- Click on HFCM > Add New
- Enter a suitable name for your snippet, which would help you distinguish it from other snippets. For Example: Google Analytics Snippet (if you are entering a google analytics code snippet)
- Choose the display options as per your requirement, and then add the code snippet in the Snippet / Code textarea.
- Click on Save to save your snippet to the database. You can navigate to HFCM > All Snippets to view/edit/delete your save snippets.
Here are some of the problems this plugin solves:
- Never have to worry about inadvertently breaking your site by adding code
- Avoid inadvertently placing snippets in the wrong place
- Eliminate the need for a dozen or more silly plugins just to add a small code snippet – Less plugins is always better!
- Never lose your code snippets when switching or changing themes
- Know exactly which snippets are loading on your site, where they display, and who added them
- Add different snippets targeting different post types using the Specific Post Types feature
- Add an unlimited number of scripts and styles anywhere and on any post / page
- Manage which posts or pages the script loads
- Supports custom post types
- Add Snippets to All Post Types including Posts, Pages, Attachments & Custom Post Types using the Specific Post Type option under Site Display.
- Supports ability to load only on a specific post or page, or latest posts
- Control where exactly on the page the script is loaded – head, footer, before content, or after content
- Script can load only on desktops or mobile. Enable or disable one or the other.
- Use shortcodes to manually place the code anywhere
- Label every snippet for easy reference
- Plugin logs which user added and last edited the snippet, and when
Page Display Options
The following page display options are available in the plugin.
- Site wide on every post / page
- Specific post
- Specific page
- Specific category
- Specific tag
- Specific custom post type
- Latest posts only (you choose how many)
- Manually place using shortcodes
Header Footer Code Manager plugin lets you insert code snippets into the following locations on a post or page:
- Head section
- Top of content
- Bottom of content
Device Display Options
- Show on All Devices
- Only Desktop
- Only Mobile Devices
Supported Third Party Services
- Google Adsense
- Google Tag Manager
- Clicky Web Analytics or other analytics tracking scripts
- Chat modules such as Olark, Drip, or
- Pinterest site verification
- Facebook Pixels, Facebook Scripts, Facebook og:image Tag
- Google Conversion Pixels
- Heatmaps from Crazy Egg, notification bars Hello Bar, etc.
- and the list goes on and on…
The changelog is a history of updates and changes to the plugin. It will document the features and fixes we’ve made to the plugin in the newest release so you can prepare when you update. Please backup your site before updating any plugin, theme, or WordPress.
Please see the changelog for Header Footer Code Manager available on WordPress.org
Doc last modified on August 15, 2019